• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 A.G.

A.G.

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts
  • Interests:Reading, car boot sales, eating (that's why I'm here) and my parrot.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Well, here we go again.................need to re-start my weight loss plan but don't quite know what to do.I weigh more than I ever have, been piddling about for so long.............. tried every diet going - for at least 3 days at a time!!!!!!! Now suffering health problems that mean if I don't lose weight I'm seriously shortening my life expectancy. I'm not expecting symapthy, my fault for over eating/drinking for so long but really not sure how to face losing over 7 stone, any advice would be welcome.

Edited by A.G., 13 April 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#2 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

this is what I would do (and need to do as I have hit a wall with my will power) I'm sure other people will have some great ideas etc.Get yourself a little diary and plan out your meals for the next week leaving checks available for any treats or if you have a planned nightI enjoy taking photos in my underwear every couple of months front back and side shots so that I can visably see my progress, be it my tummy shrinking or my fat lines reducing etc I've found it a good way to make myself see how well I have done in total I've had about 6/7 stone to loose very slowly getting there but at first I found it hard to see any loss at first which I found very frustrating.Set small goals don't look at the bigger picture just try for smaller half stones etc.Try set urself wee excercise goals even going a brisk walk for 15/20 mins.I also enjoy having clothes the size down to try on after a few lbs have been lost and when you slowly see them starting to meet in the middle etc its great.Good Luck :) the girlies on here are an amazing support x

#3 Emmjay1

Emmjay1

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

AG....it's the first step, posting on here.And you're amongst friends, who are struggling exactly the same as you....two steps forward...several back...ad infinitum!!A week, a day, a half day, an hour at a time...that's how it starts, then you find yourself a wee mojo...then you'll have a good go at the Pep, then you'll be posting weight losses.....*snaps fingers* just like that!!C'mon....get stuck in with the rest of us....... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

#4 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

One meal at a time xxx good luckAnd keep posting xxxx

#5 megygogs

megygogs

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Interests:reading,swimming,walking,spending time with hubby

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi Good advice given I struggle myself a lot but seem to be doing fine at moment but everyone on here is so supportive Good luck xx

#6 Mandy1

Mandy1

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I know the feeling! I went back to class and have made myself go every week even if I have had a bad week. I also wanted to do it for health reasons as i aint getting any younger. :shucks: I am the lightest I have been in 7 years with another 2 and a half stone still to go. But I do think going to class and this forum help a lot!! Good Luck!!

#7 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Well, here we go again.................need to re-start my weight loss plan but don't quite know what to do.I weigh more than I ever have, been piddling about for so long.............. tried every diet going - for at least 3 days at a time!!!!!!! Now suffering health problems that mean if I don't lose weight I'm seriously shortening my life expectancy. I'm not expecting symapthy, my fault for over eating/drinking for so long but really not sure how to face losing over 7 stone, any advice would be welcome.

Well the good news is that you are here looking for help and you already have had lots of good advice and support! Do you have a class that you can attend near you? If you have I highly reccommend that you go as you will get great support from your Manager who will weigh you every week and also give you a copy of our PEP Made Easy eating plan - the 'Made Easy' bit really is perfectly named. If not, would it be possible for you to join as an 'Online' member as you could then download a copy of the plan? Just take it in small steps and make it you aim to try and post a weight loss every week in my Online class. It doesn't matter how big or small the loss, it's all great progress! Hold your head up high and get excited about eating fabulous check counted food and losing weight at the same time :D CM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users