6 replies to this topic

#1 sandra8

sandra8

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

I joined online about a month ago, however have just been playing at it! Decided yesterday that it was time to get my backside in gear. Dusted off the treadmill & looked at this page. Have approx 4 stone to lose. Feel slightly apprehensive but determined 😯 just need to do my homework & get my head around it now!
  • foxycook, Seonaid_43661, KAG and 2 others like this

#2 Kenny_Yorke

Kenny_Yorke

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Holidays in Spain
    Cooking
    Walking
    Weight Lifting

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hi Sandra. It's nice to hear your honesty. If you're a food addict like me then it's pretty difficult to get out that rut of making the wrong food choices. I think joining an online weight loss group is much much harder than going to a class because you are your own class leader and if you're not following the plan 100% and being honest about everything that passes your lips then there isn't anyone there to give you the proverbial kick up the backside. You're not alone. We are all in the same boat and we all want to get the better of our weight. I think that's why it's really important to have an active forum where we can offer each other encouragement and motivation. So please keep posting and let us know how you're getting on. My best motivation so far without doubt has been buying a fitbit. I got it in April of last year and have taken 3 million steps so far. It's changed my approach to exercise and I've even been at the work gym. I've lost 19lbs with SS so far but over 50lbs since I started watching my food intake last April. It's coming off slowly, but it is coming off.

I wish you all the very best with your weight loss

Kenny
  • Super Slimmer, foxycook, Seonaid_43661 and 2 others like this

#3 Valerie_64696

Valerie_64696

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Talking, music and people, dogs and family.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Well done, Kenny that was a great post.  Sandra8, you will soon be in :drive: charge of it all.  It is the fact that we are doing this is the most important. So :rockon: both of you and anybody else who is reading this.

#4 Linda_63415

Linda_63415

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

I'm exactly the same as you Sandra8, I joined not that long ago and I've been totally kidding myself and not taking it seriously enough.  Finally decided at the weekend that its time to make a change and get motivated.  I hadnt really checked these forums out before but think I will be on them every other day for the motivation and support that I need.  I plan to go back to the gym tomorrow so thats a step in the right direction as well I suppose.  We can do it!!!  :2thumbs:

#5 Fergie1404

Fergie1404

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

I am my own worst enemy. I don't lose quick and I know that but sometimes it's so frustrating. I have decided to dust out my DVDs doing the Lorraine Kelly one. Going to try and do it at least a couple of times a week. Good luck to us all.
  • AineyF likes this

#6 Beth_53508

Beth_53508

Fresh Start

• eSupport Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

Hi everyone. This is the first time I've posted on a forum but I'm glad I found this thread. I joined last Thursday and thought I'd do the feel good plan but I've just messed about and am dreading my first weigh in. I know I haven't lost anything because I'm just eating the same rubbish. I think I was hoping a new diet would be "the one" where I finally got to grips with my eating. I guess I'll just have to be honest at my weigh in and start again next week. Maybe I'll go back to counting checks and see if I get in better if it's a bit more controlled. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage and the numbers aren't even higher than last week. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday.

#7 KAG

KAG

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

Good luck,

It might be better to use Classic Checks for a while, until you get into the swing of things. It is more 'controlled' but you have your flexichecks to use too so you can have treats if you want to.

I am sure you will feel more positive after your weigh in and you never know.....it might not be as bad as you think!

Kath

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users