• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

Hello everyone and happy September to you all.
Well, it's officially Autumn although the weather is still being kind to us. Autumn is a lovely colourful season as the leaves change colour to their vibrant gold, bronze and russet colours. It's a season of change for us too as we shall soon be having to go on that exciting clothes shop to replace all our last years' clothes and replace them with smaller sizes. That's such an amazing thing to have to do and it's also a well earned pleasure.

I'm still enjoying Summer food just now, but we can all look forward to changing our menus over to our heartwarming healthy soups, casseroles etc. Have you noticed that the produce in the fruit and vegetable aisles in our supermarkets is changing too? The berries aren't as tasty now, but plums, apples and pears are at their best. We are seeing our Winter root vegetables making an appearance too. This is all good for us. It's a really positive thing to be ringing the changes with our food choices. Sometimes we get into a bit of a rut and eat the same food over and over. So, if you need an excuse to change your food choices, then September is the month for you to change everything around and make the most of our in season produce. Change is good!

I went to make a list of last weeks' super slimmers, but weirdly all your replies have disappeared. Sorry about that. I don't know why. However, a big high five to all of those who lost weight this week.That's awesome. Everyone has a fresh start now. New week, new start

Have another great week.  :) 
CM

• Valerie_64696 and Hannah_67017 like this

#2 Elspethx

Elspethx

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Walking, spending time with the family

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

Well after weeks of gloom for me I can happily say this week brought a loss of 2.5lbs. I stuck as close as I could to 40 checks, walked 104,000 steps so it seems to be the right combination. Lets hope i can keep it up as have 1st 3lbs left to go.

Have a fab week everyone x
  • scampy, foxycook, Les62 and 4 others like this

#3 Super Slimmer

Super Slimmer

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, opera, reading, knitting

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

I am coming back to weekly weigh-in with earnest good intentions, starting from today, so next week will be my first posting for weight loss.  After a long summer of cruises and holidays I have got on the scales this morning and found that I have gained 3.5lbs, so now life is back to normal (whatever normal is for a semi working retired grandmother) I will plan my eating and drinking around my checks.

Good luck to everyone this week.

• scampy, foxycook, ailsa_44833 and 5 others like this

#4 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Well after weeks of gloom for me I can happily say this week brought a loss of 2.5lbs. I stuck as close as I could to 40 checks, walked 104,000 steps so it seems to be the right combination. Lets hope i can keep it up as have 1st 3lbs left to go.
Have a fab week everyone x

That's great news Elspeth. I'm really happy to hear that. That's you up and running! :)

I am coming back to weekly weigh-in with earnest good intentions, starting from today, so next week will be my first posting for weight loss.  After a long summer of cruises and holidays I have got on the scales this morning and found that I have gained 3.5lbs, so now life is back to normal (whatever normal is for a semi working retired grandmother) I will plan my eating and drinking around my checks.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Welcome back. It sounds like you have had a lovely summer. That's a very manageable situation you are in. :)
  • Valerie_64696 and Hannah_67017 like this

#5 Hannah_67017

Hannah_67017

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Love walking, swimming and playing with my 8 year son. Want to lose the weight and keep it off!

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

Good morning all, hope you are all well, pleased to report a loss of 2 lb this week. Thought I had lost more due to stress at work and not eating regularly.... but just goes to show you need to eat properly no matter what !! :)

I hope you all have a great week also !!

Hannah xxx

• foxycook, Les62, Valerie_64696 and 1 other like this

#6 Valerie_64696

Valerie_64696

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Talking, music and people, dogs and family.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

Good morning, CM.  That was a lovely "talk" this morning.  Thank you.

I am pleased to report that I have lost a pound this week.

Valerie x

• foxycook, Outlanderfan, Sylvs and 1 other like this

#7 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

Good morning all, hope you are all well, pleased to report a loss of 2 lb this week. Thought I had lost more due to stress at work and not eating regularly.... but just goes to show you need to eat properly no matter what !! :)

I hope you all have a great week also !!

Hannah xxx

Yes, you have to eat to lose weight, but I think that's a great result anyway. Brilliant! :)

Good morning, CM.  That was a lovely "talk" this morning.  Thank you.

I am pleased to report that I have lost a pound this week.

Valerie x

Thank you Valerie.

Well done to you. Another one gone. :)

#8 Fergie1404

Fergie1404

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

1lb off this week happy with that
  • foxycook, Valerie_64696 and Sylvs like this

#9 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

1lb off this week happy with that

Lovely Fergie. I'm very happy for you. :)
  • Fergie1404 likes this

#10 Outlanderfan

Outlanderfan

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Pets, shopping, family ,reading , sight seeing in Scotland

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

STS this week weighed in late as work was so hectic . Off on holiday tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be sensible . Then back on the straight and narrow after that
  • foxycook, Valerie_64696 and Hannah_67017 like this

#11 KAG

KAG

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Evening all!
Almost forgot to check in! Happy with a 1.5lb loss this week. Seems like my Edinburgh weekend wasn't as bad as I thought. I still don't feel much in the zone unfortunately so my plan is this: we're off on holiday next week and when we return I'm gong to go to a class as well as being online. Although I'm maintaining my loss, I really would like another stone and a half loss and I think the boost at class will help me. I've one more check in next Friday and then away to Vietnam. I'm hopeful that all their fresh produce, veg & fruit will help me!
In the meantime, I'm maintaining and if I remain the same next week or have a a mini loss, I'll be happy.
Hope you all have a great week. Well done to you all with losses and STS. For gains... keep at it... we CAN do it.
Take care
Kath
  • foxycook, Valerie_64696 and Hannah_67017 like this

#12 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

STS this week weighed in late as work was so hectic . Off on holiday tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be sensible . Then back on the straight and narrow after that

Have a lovely holiday and we will catch up on your return. :)

Evening all!
Almost forgot to check in! Happy with a 1.5lb loss this week. Seems like my Edinburgh weekend wasn't as bad as I thought. I still don't feel much in the zone unfortunately so my plan is this: we're off on holiday next week and when we return I'm gong to go to a class as well as being online. Although I'm maintaining my loss, I really would like another stone and a half loss and I think the boost at class will help me. I've one more check in next Friday and then away to Vietnam. I'm hopeful that all their fresh produce, veg & fruit will help me!
In the meantime, I'm maintaining and if I remain the same next week or have a a mini loss, I'll be happy.
Hope you all have a great week. Well done to you all with losses and STS. For gains... keep at it... we CAN do it.
Take care
Kath

That's really great Kath. Yes, go and have a lovely holiday and concentrate on refocussing once you get back. You could lose that 1.5 stones by Christmas, you know. :)
  • KAG and Valerie_64696 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users