26 replies to this topic

#1 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

Hello everyone and welcome to class.

Well, it's happened. Already. :shock:  Christmas has hit the shops. Mince pies with a use by date of 30th September, Christmas puddings and cakes, huge tubs of chocolate, chocolate reindeers, santas. polar bears........too much, too soon! Oh, I forgot the big tins of shortbread too!

Please don't stock up in advance. It may never see Christmas if you do. I do encourage you to plan ahead to Christmas, but that's only in relation to your weight, not your Christmas shopping list. Plan to be lighter. How much? Well, it's about 14 weeks away. A pound a week and a stone lighter......more....less......sts? It's all in your hands. I will help you all that I can, but it is you who makes the food and drinks choices. Choose to lose, When you stop and think about things, if you are tempted by unhealthy things, then maybe you are choosing between a weight loss and a weight gain. We all know what you want, so make the right choices.

Our class was a bit quieter last week with so many being off on holiday so we look forward to welcoming them back and wish those about to go away a fantastic break. We did have some nice losses, so big congratulations to Elspeth 2.5lbs, Hannah 2lbs, Valerie 1lb, Fergie 1lb, and Kath 1.5lbs. Everyone has a brand new start if they want it. Monday is always a good day to refocus and plan your next weight loss. Try and include some important exercise too. It doesn't need to be a big effort at the gym unless you really enjoy that. Going out for a lovely brisk walk will do you a power of good too. Whatever exercise you decide to do, it has to be something that you really enjoy doing. If you don't enjoy it, you will give up. Similarly you need to enjoy your weight loss journey for the same reason. If you don't, you won't keep it going. The great thing is though, to enjoy our weight loss journey, all we need to do is eat delicious healthy food. What's not to love about that? Do you need to change your meal routine around to make it more exciting? If you buy the same shopping every week,you will eat the same food. Change is very good! 

So, our new week is in full swing, so enjoy it, choose healthy food, get a bit of activity in and enjoy it!

Speak soon. :)

CM

• Lila73, Valerie_64696 and Hannah_67017 like this

#2 foxycook

foxycook

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, cycling, walking, reading, knitting,diet & nutrition

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

Good afternoon CM,

As you say, all that Christmas food & goodies in the shops already - not good.

I wasn't able to write on here last week as for a few days all I saw was your Post on the website so today I'm reporting in for the last 2 weeks.

Week I ........  Lost 0.8lb & felt I'd been in control despite Hubby's diagnosis at the hospital & a meal out for a late birthday treat. Another plus was getting a Size 10 dress in a sale at a knocked down price as the hem was uneven. (Never had a size 10 dress. Always amazed I can get into a 12 having had a weight problem most of my life!) I'd seen the dress a few weeks ago & mentioned to the shop assistant about the hem but didn't want to pay full price if I had to do anything to it. I think the original price was £32 or £38 & I got it for £10. As my Mum would have said - you couldn't have bought the material for that price!

Week 2  ..........  Yesterday's weigh in was rather a shock as I was so sure I must have gained at 7lb with all the sweet things I'd been eating during the week but amazingly I lost another 0.8lb but I'm well aware a gain may catch up with me this week. As a Community we took over the village hall last Monday as otherwise, as in so many other places, the Council would have shut the facility. We have been busy fundraising this year & this weekend we held our first " Village Open Flower Show". It was amazing & great to have so much support. It was hard work for the last 4days but soo worth it. I won 2nd for my "decorated cake"  - I did a chocolate one with milk, plain & white chocolate horns on top & the same chocolate batons round the sides. I also got 3rd place for 2 Afternoon Tea cakes with my Viennese Fingers & Battenberg so really chuffed. What with baking for refreshments & serving them, temptation has been very close all week. Looking forward to getting back to "normal life" & healthy eating.

I'd like to thank Elspeth, Hannah, Johnny, Arwin & others for including me on the Fitbit Challenges.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is getting on this week. xx

• Valerie_64696, Sylvs, johnnyflash1972 and 1 other like this

#3 Hannah_67017

Hannah_67017

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Love walking, swimming and playing with my 8 year son. Want to lose the weight and keep it off!

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

I know !!!! what's the Christmas stock all about already !! Need to Halloween and fireworks night out the way first :2thumbs: . Its very tempting all that fine looking food, but I wont .....

Love the speech this week, a stone by Christmas would be fab and a lb a week is doable........ I accept this mini challenge :rockon: .

Hannah xxx

• Valerie_64696, Sylvs and johnnyflash1972 like this

#4 Hannah_67017

Hannah_67017

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Love walking, swimming and playing with my 8 year son. Want to lose the weight and keep it off!

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Good afternoon CM,

I wasn't able to write on here last week as for a few days all I saw was your Post on the website so today I'm reporting in for the last 2 weeks.

Week I ........  Lost 0.8lb & felt I'd been in control despite Hubby's diagnosis at the hospital & a meal out for a late birthday treat. Another plus was getting a Size 10 dress in a sale at a knocked down price as the hem was uneven. (Never had a size 10 dress. Always amazed I can get into a 12 having had a weight problem most of my life!) I'd seen the dress a few weeks ago & mentioned to the shop assistant about the hem but didn't want to pay full price if I had to do anything to it. I think the original price was £32 or £38 & I got it for £10. As my Mum would have said - you couldn't have bought the material for that price!

Week 2  ..........  Yesterday's weigh in was rather a shock as I was so sure I must have gained at 7lb with all the sweet things I'd been eating during the week but amazingly I lost another 0.8lb but I'm well aware a gain may catch up with me this week. As a Community we took over the village hall last Monday as otherwise, as in so many other places, the Council would have shut the facility. We have been busy fundraising this year & this weekend we held our first " Village Open Flower Show". It was amazing & great to have so much support. It was hard work for the last 4days but soo worth it. I won 2nd for my "decorated cake"  - I did a chocolate one with milk, plain & white chocolate horns on top & the same chocolate batons round the sides. I also got 3rd place for 2 Afternoon Tea cakes with my Viennese Fingers & Battenberg so really chuffed. What with baking for refreshments & serving them, temptation has been very close all week. Looking forward to getting back to "normal life" & healthy eating.

I'd like to thank Elspeth, Hannah, Johnny, Arwin & others for including me on the Fitbit Challenges.

OMG this is amazing well done !!! Size 10!!!!! I can only dream of that.....

Your cakes sound amazing also, would love to live closer and sample, however probably better that I don't :).

I've been poorly this weekend, got the worst cold !! So no swimming at all and only just making my steps and its a real struggle. Also eating all the wrong things as I'm not sure what I fancy and if I do at all... so feeling a little blergh all round this week. Just want to get better and try CM's mini challenge of a stone before Christmas..... sure I can do that.

You better not you will be thin as a sheet of paper if you do :2thumbs: really well done, you must be so pleased xxx

• foxycook, Online MM, Valerie_64696 and 2 others like this

#5 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

I know !!!! what's the Christmas stock all about already !! Need to Halloween and fireworks night out the way first :2thumbs: . Its very tempting all that fine looking food, but I wont .....

Love the speech this week, a stone by Christmas would be fab and a lb a week is doable........ I accept this mini challenge :rockon: .

Hannah xxx

The challenge is on Hannah!  :)

• Valerie_64696 and johnnyflash1972 like this

#6 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Good afternoon CM,

I know, we have had a few gremlins lately for some reason. Anyway, I just love your post. It's a great catch up and sounds like a lot of worthwhile work. Well done for scooping all these awards and for your 2 weight losses too. Excellent. :)

• Valerie_64696 and johnnyflash1972 like this

#7 Sylvs

Sylvs

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Well it's another STS for me, that's 3 weeks in a row despite uping the exercise and stcking to plan....theses last 4lbs till I hit target are proving tricky to shift.  But I am looking visibly thinner than 3 weeks ago and the clothes are looser.  Just need to keep going and hope I get there by Christmas.

• foxycook, Valerie_64696, johnnyflash1972 and 1 other like this

#8 Valerie_64696

Valerie_64696

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Talking, music and people, dogs and family.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

Well it's another STS for me, that's 3 weeks in a row despite uping the exercise and stcking to plan....theses last 4lbs till I hit target are proving tricky to shift.  But I am looking visibly thinner than 3 weeks ago and the clothes are looser.  Just need to keep going and hope I get there by Christmas.

I am sure that you will get there by Christmas.  WE ARE ALL THERE FOR YOU.  Go girl, GO.

Valerie

• foxycook, KAG, Sylvs and 2 others like this

#9 Hannah_67017

Hannah_67017

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

So so pleased this morning !!!!!! I have lost 3 lb which takes me to the 3 stone mark !! :2thumbs: .

I feel much better in myself although I have the dreaded cold at the moment and managing to move around without joints being stiff!! So chuffed still a few stone to go to be within a healthy BMI, but chuffed all the same. I think if I lost another 3 stone I'd be a twig but we will see.

This plan is amazing if you stick within your checks and exercise it works brilliantly !!

Good luck to you all this week and well done for your losses so far.

Hannah xxx

• foxycook, KAG, Valerie_64696 and 2 others like this

#10 Valerie_64696

Valerie_64696

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

Hallo everybody.  Thank you everybody for your posts x I am pleased to report another pound off.  Have a good week all of you.

Valerie x

• foxycook, Sylvs, johnnyflash1972 and 1 other like this

#11 foxycook

foxycook

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

Well done Hannah. I'm so pleased for you.

Hope you feel better soon. I hurt my back (muscular, I think) on Monday & it was feeling a lot better but it's "gone again" this morning when I bent to put some clean bedding away in the drawer under the bed. Really annoyed as I have so much I need to do. Never mind. I know it will repair soon if I'm sensible.

Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration & so positive. x

Valerie, your post came in as I was writing the above. Well done on another loss. You seem to lose steadily which is a good way to go. x

Edited by foxycook, 13 September 2017 - 07:35 AM.

• Valerie_64696, Sylvs, johnnyflash1972 and 1 other like this

#12 Sylvs

Sylvs

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Thank you Valerie for your support.  Everyone is doing so well this week!  I'm sure the last few pounds will go but just getting impatient as I know I'm so close to target and only 2lb to go to hit the 2 stone mark.  Just need to keep going and let the scales take care of themself but look and feel a lot more healthier than I did when I started this plan at the end of January.

• foxycook, Valerie_64696, johnnyflash1972 and 1 other like this

#13 Fergie1404

Fergie1404

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hi folks 1lb off this week please with that
  • foxycook, Valerie_64696, Sylvs and 2 others like this

#14 Hannah_67017

Hannah_67017

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well done Hannah. I'm so pleased for you.

Hope you feel better soon. I hurt my back (muscular, I think) on Monday & it was feeling a lot better but it's "gone again" this morning when I bent to put some clean bedding away in the drawer under the bed. Really annoyed as I have so much I need to do. Never mind. I know it will repair soon if I'm sensible.

Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration & so positive. x

Valerie, your post came in as I was writing the above. Well done on another loss. You seem to lose steadily which is a good way to go. x

Ohhh no !! I hope your okay!! Maybe take a trip to the doctors if it doesn't settle, there is nothing worse than back pain, I put my back out last year and it was just terrible I couldn't do anything, so I really feel for you. Lots of rest !!

Thank you for your lovely words, I'm so pleased. xxx

• foxycook, Valerie_64696 and johnnyflash1972 like this

#15 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

These last few pounds can be really stubborn. Eat extra protein this week and snack healthily and I'm sure it will make a difference. :)

So so pleased this morning !!!!!! I have lost 3 lb which takes me to the 3 stone mark !! :2thumbs: .

I feel much better in myself although I have the dreaded cold at the moment and managing to move around without joints being stiff!! So chuffed still a few stone to go to be within a healthy BMI, but chuffed all the same. I think if I lost another 3 stone I'd be a twig but we will see.

This plan is amazing if you stick within your checks and exercise it works brilliantly !!

Good luck to you all this week and well done for your losses so far.

Hannah xxx

That's fantastic Hannah! Really well done. You must be feeling great, apart from your cold, of course! Get better soon. :)

Hallo everybody.  Thank you everybody for your posts x I am pleased to report another pound off.  Have a good week all of you.

Valerie x

Lovely, Valerie. Keep it up. :)

Hi folks 1lb off this week please with that

Well done Fregie. It's happening! :)
  • johnnyflash1972 likes this

#16 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

:bag:  Lurking again :shucks: A wee 1lb aff  at class on Monday though :)

• foxycook, KAG, Valerie_64696 and 3 others like this

#17 Valerie_64696

Valerie_64696

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Well done, a 1lb, is very good.  I love your halloween  loss ticker. Valerie

• Sylvs and johnnyflash1972 like this

#18 johnnyflash1972

johnnyflash1972

Positive Start

• Online Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I love walking although my 3 young ones aren't as keen ;-) I walked my first half marathon last year and doing 2 this year both quite hilly!I also like to smack little white ball around a field and pretend I am playing golf

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hi guys

It's been good to read about everyone's great losses!

It's been a bit crazy up here between work, sick kids and trying to squeeze as many walks in as I can before my walk a week on Saturday!

Last week I was a STS but this week I lost 2 3/4lb which puts my total loss on this wonderful diet in March this year at 5st 8.3lbs and a whopping 8st 1/4lbs since I first got my Fatbit in March 2016! It would be nice to get under 15st for the marathon which would need to be another 2lb so fingers crossed

Have a great week/weekend everyone xx
  • foxycook and KAG like this

#19 foxycook

foxycook

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

That's an amazing overall weight loss Johnny. You must feel a different person.

Here's hoping for another 2lb loss next week. You can do this.

Hope the family get better soon x

• Sylvs and johnnyflash1972 like this

#20 Online MM

Online MM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Nice one Audrey. I'm pleased. Keep going. :)

Hi guys
It's been good to read about everyone's great losses!
It's been a bit crazy up here between work, sick kids and trying to squeeze as many walks in as I can before my walk a week on Saturday!
Last week I was a STS but this week I lost 2 3/4lb which puts my total loss on this wonderful diet in March this year at 5st 8.3lbs and a whopping 8st 1/4lbs since I first got my Fatbit in March 2016! It would be nice to get under 15st for the marathon which would need to be another 2lb so fingers crossed
Have a great week/weekend everyone xx

What a superstar you are. I'm so proud of you. That's such an inspiration to everyone here.
I hope your family are getting better. :)
  • johnnyflash1972 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users