Spicy sausage risotto
Credit: Aldi recipe using Highland Game range of Scottish Slimmers produce.
- 8 venison sausages Highland Game
- 4 tomatoes
- 100 g mangetout
- 140 g Chestnut mushrooms
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 40 ml olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 x 200g packs risotto with vegetables and chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Put the sausages into a metal baking dish, with a fork prick the skins on each sausage.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put these around the sausages.
- Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, basil and garlic granules, season with some black pepper.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the risotto
- Wipe and finely chop the mushrooms.
- Put the contents of the two packs of risotto in a large pan and add the mushrooms - cook as per directions on the pack.
- Thinly slice the mangetout and stir into the risotto - leave this to simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve the sausages and tomatoes on a bed of risotto.
Credit: Aldi recipe using Highland Games range of Scottish Slimmers produce.