In a hurry? Rustle up this tasty curry…
Chicken and Mango Curry
An quick and easy recipe if you are in a hurry!
- 2 cm piece of fresh root ginger chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1-2 red chillies chopped and de-seeded
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 200 ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 250 g skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 small ripe mango peeled, stoned and cubed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
Spray a pan lightly with oil and set over a low heat. Add the ginger, garlic and onion and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mustard and fennel seeds, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric, cook for a further 2 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil whilst stirring. Add the the chicken and mango, cook gently for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with boiled rice. Scatter coriander on top.
Add 4 checks, 0.5g fat for each 75g of cooked rice.
This recipe is from our Fast Food Makeover book, get your copy in our shop!