We welcome enquiries, in the first instance to Eva[at]scottishslimmers.com or give us a ring on 0141 255 1567
Why Write For Scottish Slimmers?
You'll make a difference. It's that simple. By writing for SCOTTISH SLIMMERS you’ll reach even more people and potentially change lives.
You'll reach a growing audience, build your reach and credibility as an expert in your field. Your post will be shared on the SCOTTISH SLIMMERS website
and we will also share posts across our social media channels, principally Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What Are We Looking For?
WOW! articles stories, advice, tips, and ideas. Put simply, we publish inspiring content that fit into our topics:
HAPPINESS, HEALTH, WELLBEING, RECIPES, FOOD, SUCCESS.
We love articles that encourage and support our followers to feel good about themselves; inspiration and transformation, personal growth or achievement, tips for cultivating happiness and wellness, and general advice on living a healthier, happier life.
Quality writing: Well-written and high-quality original articles that are not self-promotional, but aim to inspire, motivate, encourage, comfort, and empower others.
Content: You must be the author and owner of each post you submit. Your posts can be published elsewhere (on other websites, in other publications, etc.), as long as you retain the legal right to it. If your post is published at www.ScottishSlimmers.com you will retain control and ownership of your writing, and we will be happy to remove it upon your request.
Pics, images & video: Contributors are encouraged to submit original and high-quality images with their posts. Photos should be at least 930 pixels wide by 465 pixels tall. If you have a short YouTube video (no longer than 2 minutes), we will consider including that in the post as well.
Here's what you need to know:
1. Content: You must be the author and owner of each post you submit. Your posts can be published elsewhere (on other websites, in other publications, etc.), as long as you retain the legal right to it. If your post is published at you will retain control and ownership of your writing, and we will be happy to remove it upon your request. All submissions will be verified for originality using a tool such as Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
2. Word count: SCOTTISH SLIMMERS posts typically run between 500-900 words. Posts exceeding 900 words may be considered for monthly or seasonal campaign features.
3. Bio and website: We feature your bio along with links to your website, Facebook, and Instagram to help you gain credibility and generate more activity on your website.
4. By submitting to SCOTTISH SLIMMERS you acknowledge and accept our terms, and any grammatical editing that might occur on behalf of the SCOTTISH SLIMMERS editorial team.
5. Once your posts go live, feel free to share the link with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media.
10 Points to check before submitting
1. Does my article have a strong and catchy title?
2. Am I including an image or graphic that is eye-catching and directly related to my article?
3. Does my article meet all of the criteria outlined: original content, word count, image size, etc.?
4. Is my article inspiring, motivating, encouraging, comforting, or empowering?
5. Have I reviewed other SCOTTISH SLIMMERS articles to check that my article is similar in style, tone, and format?
6. Is my article succinct, straight to the point, easy to follow, and fun to read?
7. Am I offering readers actionable tips?
8. Have I given proper attribution for quotations, data, and other third-party sources referenced in the article?
9. Is my article formatted exactly as I want it to appear (bold headings, italics, paragraph breaks, etc.)?
10. Has my article been proof read (by at least one other person) for grammatical errors and improvements?
Ready to submit?
Whooohoooo! If you’re ready to submit your article, please email us the following:
1. Email your full post and title as a word document (with your name, email address and word count in the header) attached to your email.
2. Attach images as separate files (do not paste within a doc), minimum sizes 1mb and at least 600 pixels wide by 450 pixels tall. Images can be personal photographs or photos from Pixabay (free photo site), iStock, Shutterstock, etc.
3. If you have a short YouTube video (no longer than 90 seconds), we will consider including that in the post as well. Only send HIGH-QUALITY
4. Your bio (up to 120 words) with links to your website, Facebook, and Instagram (if you don’t have all three, send us what you have)
5. A professional photo of you to use for your bio, at least 1 mb and 300 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall.
All of the above can be sent to Andy [at] Scottish Slimmers.com
By submitting to SCOTTISH SLIMMERS you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any grammatical editing that might occur on behalf of the SCOTTISH SLIMMERS editorial team.
We will respond to all submissions and, if your post is accepted, we will let you know as soon as it is live (usually within a month of submission).