John Davidsons – butchery at its best
You asked and we have listened, working with Davidsons of Inverurie we have brand new Check counted low fat sausages… available online and in-store.
These tasty sausages come in SEVEN varieties, so they are perfect for all occasions.
Sausages with tasty bubble and squeak mash
FG 0 using 1 GC CC 13
- 8 Scottish Slimmers John Davidson pork sausages
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- spray oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 300ml boiling water
- For the bubble and squeak mash:
- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- spray oil
- 175g cooked left-over vegetables, e.g. shredded cabbage, chopped sprouts
- 85ml skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages under a preheated hot grill, turning them frequently, until they are cooked through and appetizingly brown all over. Keep warm.
- While the sausages are cooking, boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the warm pan.
- At the same time, cook the onion and garlic slowly in a pan that has been sprayed lightly with oil until they are really tender. Stir in the leftover vegetables.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and beat with a fork until smooth. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and plenty of black pepper. Keep warm.
- For the gravy, cook the red onions gently in a pan sprayed with oil until softened. Crumble in the stock cube and stir well, then add the boiling water. Let it bubble away until it reduces and thickens.