FG 7 using 0 GC / CC 9
For a Christmas treat without any guilt, try Scottish Slimmers' fabulous low-fat Christmas pudding
Servings 10 People
- 175 g breadcrumbs
- 225 g aisins
- 115 g each of sultanas, currants and mixed peel
- 60 g soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, mixed spice and ground nutmeg
- 85 g each of grated apple and finely grated carrot
- 1 lemon rind grated
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 (juice of) orange
- 1 small wineglass port or brown ale
- 1 tbsp treacle
Mix together breadcrumbs, dried fruit, sugar and spices.
Add apple, carrot and lemon rind. Stir well.
Add egg whites, orange juice, port or brown ale and treacle.
Stir thoroughly ensuring all ingredients are evenly distributed - and don’t forget to make a wish!
Turn mixture into a 1¼ litre/2 pint pudding basin, cover tightly and steam for 4½ hours.
Alternatively, divide mixture between 10 individual cups or ramekins, cover and steam 2-4 together about 45-60 minutes.
Or, microwave individual portions on high approx. 1-2 minutes.