- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl add the apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 3. In small bowl combine the sugar cornstarch and cinnamon. Add the mixture to the apples and toss gently to mix. Stir in the blueberries. Spread the apple-blueberry mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- 4. In another large bowl combine the flours sugar baking powder and salt. Using a fork cut the cold margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk and vanilla. Stir just until a moist dough forms.
- 5. Turn the dough onto a generously floured work surface and with floured hands knead gently 6 to 8 times until the dough is smooth and manageable. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a rectangle 1/2-inch thick.
- 6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Cut close together for a minimum of scraps. Gather the scraps and roll out to make more cuts.
- 7. Place the dough pieces over the apple-blueberry mixture until the top is covered. Bake until the apples are tender and the topping is golden about 30 minutes. Serve warm.