- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the apples sugar mixed spice cinnamon zest juice alcohol and three tbsp of water in a large pan.
- 2. Stir gently over a low heat until the sugar has melted and the apples begin to break down. Pour into a two-litre pie dish and leave to cool a little while you make the topping.
- 3. Place the wholemeal flour and butter in a mixing bowl and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and oats and mix through.
- 4. Sprinkle over the apples pressing down if necessary.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 25 mins or until golden and crisp.
- 6. For the vanilla creme fraiche mix all the ingredients together and serve on top of the crumble.