- 1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick lidded casserole dish. In two batches cook the duck legs on both sides for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- 2. Remove and drain on kitchen paper then strain off the excess fat leaving about 30ml (2tbsp) in the pan.
- 3. Peel halve and finely slice the onions crush the garlic slice the celery cube the carrot and add to the pan and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- 4. Add the wine crumbled stock cube and thyme with 200ml (7fl oz) water and stir thoroughly.
- 5. Return duck to the pan. Cover reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes.Serve with your favourite vegetables or potatoes (just remember to add the calories in separately!)