- 1. Chop the onions pepper chilli tomatoes and courgette into similar sized pieces.
- 2. Fry the onions on a low heat in a small amount of olive oil add the bacon and stir regularly until cooked through. (You can up the heat a bit if you prefer your bacon crispy).
- 3. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the tomatoes chickpeas puree and garlic (if using).
- 4. Simmer for 20 mins or until the tomatoes have started to thicken.
- 5. Serve in a bowl with a little cheese on top and some black pepper.