- 1. Pre heat the oven the 190C.
- 2. Whisk the eggs and the sugar on a high speed using a food mixer until the mixture becomes creamy white and a trail is left in the top of the mixture when the mixture is lifted from the bowl.
- 3. Sieve the flour into a separate bowl.
- 4. Re-sieve the flour onto the egg mix and fold in with a large metal spoon.
- 5. Once all the flour is added pour the mixture evenly into the two cake tins.
- 6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown and springs back to the touch.
- 7. Remove from the tins and place on a wire rack to allow to cool.
- 8. Fill with jam and store in a sealed tin.