- 1. Place the chicken breasts between grease proof paper and pound with a mallet to flatten. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a small frying pan heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together the flour and wine until all the lumps are gone. Add to the pan with the shallots and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken stock and cook over medium-high heat. Stirring until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the rosemary.
- 4. In a large nonstick pan heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until no longer pink about 5 minutes.
- 5. Transfer 2 chicken breast halves onto each plate. Spoon mushroom sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.This tastes lovely with new potatoes or wild rice. Just add in the calories extra.