Tomato and chickpea pitta bread
Quick and easy lunch that will provide you with protein and nutrients to keep you full all day.
- 300 g tomatoes
- 100 g slow roast tomatoes
- low-cal spray
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 220 g chick peas (tinned )
- 2 whole wheat pitta breads
- 4 tsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Quarter the fresh tomatoes and roughly chop the slow roast tomatoes.
- Put together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and fry slowly until very soft and just beginning to brown.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the balsamic vinegar.
- Stir this mixture into the tomatoes and add the chick peas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the pitta bread and open to form a pocket.
- Pile the salad into the bread and top with greek yoghurt and scatter with coriander leaves.