Leek & Neep Soup
Cheap, cheerful, wholesome and really, tasty soup
- 300 g leeks (washed and sliced)
- 300 g white turnip (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 900 ml/1½ pints vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Turn out heat and use a potato masher to crush vegetables. If too thick add extra water.
- Re-heat as necessary and serve sprinkled with black pepper.