Mushroom, Prawn & Spinach Noodles
Tasty, healthy stir fry which counts as two of your 5 A Day portions of veg.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225 g/8oz cooked tiger prawns
- 350 g/12oz open cup mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 6 spring onions (cut into 3 cm/1 inch lengths)
- 5 cm/2 inch root ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 600 ml/1 pint chicken stock (ideally fresh, but made with a good stock cube is also fine)
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 x 150g wholewheat noodles
- 10 g/3½oz spinach leaves (fresh )
- 150 g/5oz bean sprouts (fresh )
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the prawns and mushrooms and stir fry for 3 mins.
- Add the spring onions, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add the stock and hoisin sauce and bring to the boil.
- Add the noodles, stir well and add the spinach and beansprouts.
- Serve in bowls.