- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2. Sieve flour into a large bowl and add the caster sugar.
- 3. Make a well in the centre add the eggs and beat gradually incorporating the flour until smooth.
- 4. Slowly add the milk continuing to beat.
- 5. Melt the butter. Brush a 23cm x 23cm (9in x 9in) ovenproof dish with a little of the butter adding the rest to the batter.
- 6. Halve the plums and remove the stones.
- 7. Pour a thin layer of batter into the dish and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8. Arrange the plum halves over the top pour over the remaining batter and return to the oven for 30 minutes until risen and golden around the edges. Dust with icing sugar and serve.