Prawn & Potato Cakes
Quick and easy dish to use up leftovers.
- 400 g/14oz potatoes (peeled weight)
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 150 g/5oz cooked prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium slices wholemeal bread (made into crumbs)
- Spray oil
- Boil potatoes.
- Drain and mash with skimmed milk.
- Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Stir in the parsley and prawns and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 4 large cakes about 1 cm/½ inch thick.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate or shallow dish and coat the cakes with the crumbs, pressing them on well.
- Spray a non-stick pan with sufficient oil to cover the base and cook the cakes over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Spray the top of the cakes with oil, turn over and cook a further 3 minutes or until heated through and golden.
- Serve with No-Check salad.