Quick Mediterranean Tart
A perfect alternative to pizza, this tart uses filo pastry for a base and is topped with pesto, cheese and vegetables which caramelise in the oven into melty mouthfuls!
- 8 x 15 g sheets filo pastry
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 small courgettes (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and thinly sliced)
- 225g cherry tomatoes
- 60g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Lightly spray a 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in) shallow baking tin with oil.
- Brush a sheet of filo pastry with a little beaten egg and place in the tin with the edges hanging over the sides slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets of pastry until the tin is lined and you have a filo shell.
- Brush the pesto over the pastry base.
- Scatter the vegetables over the top, season and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden, the vegetables are tender and the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cut into quarters to serve.