- 1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet allowing it to overcook slightly so that it's soft. Drain the rice and transfer it to a large bowl & reserve.
- 2. Put the water and the Worcester sauce in a frying pan add the onion & garlic and cook over a medium heat for about 8 mins until softened.
- 3. Put the onion garlic cooked rice beans breadcrumbs egg cheese and thyme in a food processor and blend. Season to taste.
- 4. Add the green pepper and grated carrot & mix well (not in blender). Put the mixture in the fridge and chill for about 1 1/2 hours or until it becomes quite firm.
- 5. Shape the mixture into 10 - 12 burgers using wet hands if the mixture sticks. Coat them in flour and chill for a further 30 minutes.
- 6. Put the burgers on a baking sheet and add a few squirts of Fry Light. Cook in a preheated oven 190C for 20-25 mins or until piping hot.
- 7. Serve with fresh salad or in a bun - just add in the extra calories.