- 1. Brown the meat (without added oil) in large lidded frying or saucepan on med/high heat.
- 2. Once brown remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3. Soften the onion garlic carrots and celery in the meat juices for about 5 minutes
- 4. Add the meat back to the veg and then add the wine Italian herbs stock cube and black pepper.
- 5. Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree stir well and bring up to the boil.
- 6. Reduce the heat to a simmer add the bay leaf and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on.
- 7. Cook the tagliatelle as per instructions on pack and serve.