Thai Noodle Salad
Enjoy this refreshing salad as a low Check lunch time treat
- 115 g rice noodles
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (finely sliced with a potato peeler)
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- ¼ cucumber (cut into matchstick strips)
- 1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 100 g prawns (peeled & cooked )
- 1 tbsp roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- few sprigs coriander (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime (juice of)
- pinch caster sugar
- Place the rice noodles in a shallow bowl and pour a kettle of boiling water over them.
- Leave for however long is recommended on the packet (usually 2 - 3 minutes), then drain well in a colander. Run some cold water over them to cool them down.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Put the red pepper, carrot, spring onions, cucumber, chilli, prawns and seeds in a large bowl.
- Add the rice noodles and chopped coriander.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the noodle salad.
- Toss lightly together and serve.