Venison Burger with Salsa
Delicious and healthy burger with mango salsa
- 4 Venison burgers or grill steaks
- 4 wholemeal burger thin
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 green pepper (halved seeded and finely diced)
- 1/2 small fresh red chilli (halved seeded and very finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Kale salad leaves
- 1) Cook 4 burgers according to the cooking guidelines. While they are cooking, make the salsa.
- 2) Halve the ripe mango by slicing off the sides close to the stone. Peel off the skin with a potato peeler and cut into small dice.
- 3) Mix mango with finely chopped red onion, green pepper, fresh red chilli, and 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander.
- 4) Mix the lime zest and juice, 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5) Lightly toast flour burger thins (Kingsmill). Pile some baby kale (or other salad leaf) on each thin base, top with a burger and spoon a generous amount of salsa on top.