Credit: Recipe from Aldi using Highland Games range of Scottish Slimmers products.
- 2 x 400g packs Highland Game range Scottish Slimmers chicken sausages
- 150 g Smoked Bacon
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 350 g pack Cherry Tomatoes
- 400 g tin Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 400 g tin Red Kidney Beans
- 1 heaped tsp Paprika
- 1 heaped tsp Sage
- 30 ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube dissolved in 150ml water
- 150 ml Red Wine
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large frying pan brown the sausages in the rapeseed oil and transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Peel, halve and finely chop the onion. Chop the bacon into small pieces then peel and mince the garlic.
- Fry the onion and bacon in the frying pan until golden. Add the stock, tinned tomatoes, paprika, sage, garlic and red wine.
- Drain the kidney beans and cut the tomatoes in half – add these to the pan.
- Season with some salt and pepper, bring to the boil and then pour over the sausages.
- Cover the casserole and cook for 40 minutes.
Credit: Recipe from Aldi using Highland Game range of Scottish Slimmers produce.