You asked and we have listened, we recently teamed up with firm Scottish Slimmers favourite Malcolm Allan to deliver a brand new range of low fat sausages.
These tasty low fat sausages come in two varieties, pork and beef, and they’re only 2 Checks on our Classic Checks plan and are even considered a FG 0 meaning they can be eaten freely on our Feelgood Food Plan!
The sausages retail at £2.50 and are available in most ASDA stores in both varieties and our Pork variety can be found in most Sainsbury’s stores too!
Sausages with tasty bubble and squeak mash
FG 0 using 1 GC CC 13
- 8 low-fat Scottish Slimmers / Malcolm Allan sausages
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- spray oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 tsp cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly
- For the bubble and squeak mash:
- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- spray oil
- 175g cooked left-over vegetables, e.g. shredded cabbage, chopped sprouts
- 85ml skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages under a preheated hot grill, turning them frequently, until they are cooked through and appetizingly brown all over. Keep warm.
- While the sausages are cooking, boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the warm pan.
- At the same time, cook the onion and garlic slowly in a pan that has been sprayed lightly with oil until they are really tender. Stir in the leftover vegetables.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and beat with a fork until smooth. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and plenty of black pepper. Keep warm.
- For the gravy, cook the red onions gently in a pan sprayed with oil until softened. Crumble in the stock cube and stir well, then add the boiling water and cranberry sauce. Let it bubble away until it reduces and thickens.