Check out our new Check friendly venison product range and our tasty recipes!
As easy on your conscience as on your wasitline, our meaty favourites, Highland Game have helped develop a new ‘Check-friendly’ venison range for Scottish Slimmers. Low in fat because venison is so lean, the full range are considered Feelgood foods if you’re following that food plan.
The taste tested range got thumbs up from Scottish Slimmers members and whether you fancy meatballs, burgers, sausages or steak, our fantastic range has a little of what you fancy for tea times.
Venison Grillsteaks with Warm Greek Salad
Fat grams 14g
4 Venison Grill steaks
200g orzo (Greek pasta looking like rice)
225g bag prepared fresh baby spinach, kale or watercress
250g halved cherry tomatoes
75g black olive
100g low fat feta cheese
2 tbsp fat-free salad dressing
A sprig of basil or oregano to garnish
1)Cook 4 grillsteaks according to the cooking guidelines
2) While they are cooking, sprinkle orzo into a large pan of boiling salted water and boil for 8 minutes.
3) Stir in fresh baby spinach, kale or watercress and boil for another 2 minutes.
4) Tip into a colander or sieve and leave to drain.
5) Tip cherry tomatoes, black olives, low-fat Feta cheese, broken into rough chunks into a big bowl, season with lots of black pepper.
6) Toss in the drained hot pasta and spinach, and serve with the grillsteaks.
7) Scatter with basil or fresh oregano.
Venison Burger with Salsa
Fat grams 13g
4 Venison burgers or grill steaks
4 Burger Thins (Kingsmill)
1 large ripe mango
1 green pepper, halved seeded and finely diced
1/2 small fresh red chilli, halved seeded and very finely chopped
3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
grated zest and juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Kale salad leaves
1) Cook 4 burgers according to the cooking guidelines. While they are cooking, make the salsa.
2) Halve the ripe mango by slicing off the sides close to the stone. Peel off the skin with a potato peeler and cut into small dice.
3) Mix mango with finely chopped red onion, green pepper, fresh red chilli, and 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander.
4) Mix the lime zest and juice, 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5) Lightly toast flour burger thins (Kingsmill). Pile some baby kale (or other salad leaf) on each thin base, top with a burger and spoon a generous amount of salsa on top.
All of our products come with healthy inspiring recipes, fitting in well with both Feelgood and Classic Checks plans and serve as tasty, lean alternatives to traditional chicken and mince dishes.
Now everyone can enjoy every forkful without piling on the lbs. More supermarket chains have lined up and are keen to launch the range, so keep an eye out in a supermarket near you!
Check out these exciting products from our Venison range:
Venison burgers; 2 lean, succulent quarter pounder burgers packed full of meaty flavour, why not give these a go at your next BBQ?
RRP £2.50 per pack and only 5 Checks per burger
Venison sausages; with pork, herbs and spices, a tasty, remarkably low fat alternative to your traditional sausages.
RRP £2 per pack and only 2 Checks per sausage
Venison lorne sausage; a twist on the traditional Scottish favourite. Tasty served on a breakfast roll or in a sensational sausage supper.
RRP £2.50 per pack and only 4 Checks per slice
Venison grill steaks; made from lean venison and pork in a full size ?burger style steak? perfect for a wholesome, tasty meal.
RRP £2.50 per pack and only 6 Checks per grill steak