FG 0 | CC 11 | GC 1
Vegan sweet potato shepherd pie
Servings 2 people
- 600 grams sweet potato peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 carrots (medium) sliced
- 1 cm fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 750 ml vegetable stock from 1 stock cube
- 85 grams red lentils
- Green Veg To serve
- Place sweet potato chunks in pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Heat oil in pan and fry carrot and onion for 2 mins. Add garlic and ginger, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add spices, vegetable stock and lentils. Cover and boil for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender and liquid reduced.
- Drain sweet potatoes and mash with fork or potato masher.
- Spoon lentil veg mix into casserole dish and top with sweet potato. Serve with green veg.
Serves 2 : FG 0 using 1 GC / CC 11