At Scottish Slimmers we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to enable the provision of services to meet with the requirements of your membership. This policy covers our Scottish Slimmers services.
We collect and process personal data about you to provide the services you use and operate our business.
45 Queens Road,
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect the following personal information about you when you use the service:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Personal profile (sex, height, weight, medical questions)
When do we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information when you:
- Register as a member with Scottish Slimmers.
- Contact us by phone or email with a query
How do we use the personal information we hold about you?
- We use your sex, age, height, weight & measurements to calculate your target weight.
- We require your personal profile data (age, sex, start weight, target weight) in order to calculate your Daily Checks Allowance to help you reach your target.
- Your personal information is used to enable the provision of services to meet with the requirements of your membership
- We use your personal information to process and respond to enquiries made by you by email or phone.
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
If you Purchase from our Web Store
If you place an order in our web shop you will be asked to provide your name, postal address, billing address, payment details, email address and (optional) your telephone number.
We will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email. We will also use your mail address and other contact details to ship your order to you. Without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you order-related communications or to fulfil your order.
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as sooth as possible and they remember your preferences, so you don’t have to insert your details again and again.
Use of children’s personal information
Young people from the age of 13 to 16 can register to use the Scottish Slimmers Classic Class or Weigh & Go service, providing they attend with a guardian. The personal information collected and processed is used to enable the provision of services to meet with the requirements of membership
Your privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Access – You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us through email to [email protected] or write to the address below and we will respond within one calendar month.
- Rectification – if any of the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can contact us and we will correct this for you within one calendar month.
- Forgotten – you can request that we delete or remove your personal information from our system. This will be done within one calendar month
- Restriction – you have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
- Portability – you can request that we provide you with a file of your personal
information within one calendar month.
You can also write to us at Scottish Slimmers, 47 St Mary’s Court, Huntly Street, ABERDEEN, AB10 1TH
Keeping your personal information secure
We have a dedicated team whose function is to secure our memberships information and also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We ensure the organisations that provide us with services related to your membership have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we have authorised them to. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control
How long do we keep your personal information?
As our members return to use our service from time to time, we will maintain your membership record for 5 years. We will then contact you by email to give you the opportunity to delete all personal information from our system if you do not intend to return and use the service again.