Holidays and breaks tend to drastically change our schedules and routines.
Don’t worry if you struggle to get back into routines after time out or away, you’re not alone.
It's easy to fall back into old eating habits and then wonder why we did it. Worse, we beat ourselves up because it feels like a failure.
There are all kinds of reasons why our healthy eating habits slide, it’s what we do about it next that makes the difference!
Reach out to the community!
If you can’t get back into the right frame of mind get in touch, or share a post on Facebook. Having a supportive community to turn too when you feel down will help you stay motivated!
Accept your mistakes and move on
Recognising where you’ve gone wrong will make a huge difference to your attitude and you’ll be back on your positive track in no time!
Here's a checklist to get back to normal and into a positive mood:
1. Reach out to the Scottish Slimmers' community
2. Accept what’s happened and move on
3. Follow your eating plan consistently for the whole week ahead
4. Keep a diary of food and your feelings – try using Scottish Slimmers easy-to-use food diary available on the app.
5. Set three short term goals to keep you motivated.
For example, I will…
- follow my eating plan for the next two weeks
- walk 20 minutes every other day
- sort out my wardrobe and get rid of clothes that no longer fit
- only wear clothes that make me feel great
- catch up with friends I haven’t seen in a while
You'll make it - with our support - one step at the time!