We all know that there is no silver bullet or magic pill to weight loss. We have the power within us and it comes from being focused, being committed and taking action.
Here are 10 secrets to slimming to help you get started and stay on track to reaching your goals.
1. Make breakfast a necessity. Treat your body like you treat your car and, in the mornings, fill your tank with a healthy, fuel efficient breakfast.
2. Never shop on an empty stomach. It's a recipe for disaster. You’ll grab anything and everything because of your hunger - including sugary, high calorie food products you know aren’t good for you.
3. Successful slimmers never diet. The biggest secret to success is a healthy eating plan to change your life forever, not just to drop a few pounds for a few weeks.
4. Set realistic goals. It can be daunting if you have a lot to lose but focus on your first couple of pounds and work from there. Remember to celebrate every milestone.
5. Reward yourself with something other than food. Don’t make food a reward for success, try something new. For example, a cinema date with your significant other or friend, a new piece of clothing when you reach a milestone or a trip to the spa.
6. Take responsibility for downfalls. Blaming external circumstances for your weight gain is to misunderstand your own body completely. You need to understand your triggers and take control.
7. Know that slipping up is inevitable. The way you day with slip ups is a choice. Choose to get straight back on track rather than waste a day or weekend slumping over a slip up.
8. Keep motivation in mind. Motivation can be drained by something as little as a drizzle of rain. Keep reminding yourself why you are losing weight, keep it written down and with you at all times.
9. Don’t try to change everything at once. Small changes can make all of the difference.
10. Understand long term weight loss takes time and jumping in all at once and racing to the finish line can scupper your chances. Slow and steady loses the weight and keeps it off.