Basil & Emmental Stuffed Pork
Quick and easy pork dish. Perfect served alongside steamed green beans and carrots.
- 2 medium pork loin steaks
- 2 x 25g thin slices of lean ham
- About 12 large basil leaves
- 30 g Emmental cheese (cut into 2 portions)
- Spray oil
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 150 ml chicken stock
- Trim all visible fat from pork.
- Cut in half horizontally and open out like a book.
- Beat out until thin.
- Cover each piece of pork with about 6 basil leaves and lay a slice of ham on top.
- Place a portion of Emmental on each, fold pork over, tucking in the ham, and secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat.
- Cook the pork over medium heat approximately 4-5 minutes each side or until pork is browned and cooked through.
- Remove pork from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add sherry to pan and allow to bubble up for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken stock and boil vigorously to reduce by half.
- Remove cocktail sticks from pork and pour the sherried gravy over to serve.