- 1. Coat a large saucepan with little bit of oil. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes
- 2. Add the beetroot. Cover the saucepan with a lid and gently fry for 20 minutes.
- 3. Add water and tomatoes, then bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 30 minutes until the beetroot is tender.
- 4. Allow to cool slightly and blend into a food processor (not for too long if you prefer your soup to be a little bit chunky).
- 5. Zest the orange into the soup and squeeze in the juice.
- 6. Re-heat, taste and if necessary season the soup again. Finally serve warm.