Chicken and cheese quesadillas
Fakeaways have never been so simple
- 4 tbsp low-fat salsa
- 4 x 40g wholemeal tortillas
- 100 g low-fat mozzarella (diced)
- 100 g chicken (cooked & shredded)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn kernels (canned )
- 4 tbsp parsley (chopped )
- balsamic vinegar ( to drizzle)
- tomato and red onion to garnish (diced )
- Spread the salsa over the tortillas and sprinkle half of each one with the mozzarella and the shredded chicken.
- Place a tortilla in a hot non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle with one-quarter of the chicken, red onion and sweetcorn.
- Fold the tortilla over to enclose the filling and cook for 1 minute until golden underneath.
- Using a slice, carefully turn the tortilla over to cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cooking the one at a time.
- Serve immediately cut into wedges.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top, drizzle with balsamic and scatter over some diced tomato and red onion.