Chicken and kale stir fry
Here is one quick and easy way to get some of your 5 a day!
- 180 g wholegrain rice (dry weight)
- spray oil
- 500 g skinned chicken breast (cubed)
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (peeled and sliced)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and shredded)
- 100 g kale (shredded)
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lime (grated (zest and juice of))
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan or wok lightly with oil and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until slightly browned all over.
- Add the ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kale and broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime zest and juice.
- Serve immediately with the boiled rice.