Chicken chapattis with mint & coriander Raita
Serves 4 : FG 4 using 1 GC / CC 24
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 2 chicken breasts split in half
- 1 red chilli
- 1 stalk of lemon grass 2cm ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp coriander- chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 90 g white flour
- 90 g wholemeal flour
- 65 ml natural fat-free yoghurt
- 65 ml milk
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 1 red onion- finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 1 celery sticks
- Juice of 1 lime
- coriander leaves
- 100 ml natural fat-free yoghurt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- fresh coriander
- fresh mint
- For the chicken, finely chop the chilli, lemon grass, ginger and garlic and crush in pestle and mortar along with peppercorns, coriander, lime and sunflower oil. Score each chicken breast with a sharp knife. Rub the paste into the chicken and cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Skewer the chicken onto skewers. Heat a griddle pan and lightly oil. Char-grill the chicken on both sides. Brush with a little honey and pop into the oven until they are cooked and core temperature is 80C.
- For the chapattis, mix all the ingredients together and knead the dough. Divide into 6 balls. Roll each out into 15cm round, 2mm thick. Heat frying pan and cook each chapatti for 30 seconds per side.
- For salad, place all chopped vegetables into bowl. When ready to serve, squeeze lime juice over and serve with coriander.
- For the Raita, mix all ingredients together.