Chicken and Mango Curry
An quick and easy recipe if you are in a hurry!
- 2 cm piece of fresh root ginger (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1-2 red chillies (chopped and de-seeded)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 200 ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 250 g skinless chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 1 small ripe mango (peeled, stoned and cubed)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
Spray a pan lightly with oil and set over a low heat. Add the ginger, garlic and onion and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mustard and fennel seeds, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric, cook for a further 2 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil whilst stirring. Add the the chicken and mango, cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice. Scatter coriander on top.
Add 4 checks, 0.5g fat for each 75g of cooked rice.