Quick and healthy lunchtime meal made with high protein chickpeas.
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 small onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin (ground )
- 1 tsp coriander (ground )
- 1 small red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp mint or coriander (chopped )
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray oil
Minty yoghurt dip
- 100 ml low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mint (chopped )
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Put the chickpeas, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander and chilli in a food processor or blender.
- Blend for a few seconds until you have a smooth paste.
- Put the chickpea paste in a mixing bowl and stir in the flour, chopped herbs and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 8 equal-sized portions and shape each one into a pattie, flattening them with your hands.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat.
- When hot, add the chickpea fritters and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until crisp and golden.
- Mix the yoghurt with the mint and sprinkle lightly with cayenne.
- Serve with the hot chickpea fritters with a crisp salad.
TIP: If you don’t have chickpeas, you can use canned cannellini beans.