A deliciously quick and healthy dinner recipe...
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into fine strips
- 1 carrot
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 1/2 finely chopped red chilli
- 60 g cooked prawns (optional)
- 250 g dry whole wheat noodles
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light malt vinegar
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 100 ml water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil (or spray oil)
Wash and peel carrots into ribbons; thinly slice pepper and spring onions.
Heat oil in a pan. Add chicken strips and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add carrots, peppers, spring onions and chilli and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook the noodles according to pack. Drain.
In a saucepan, mix sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and water until hot not boiling. Mix cornflour with little water before adding to pan. Heat and stir for 2 mins.
Return chicken and veg to heat, and add prawns, stirring until they are pink.