Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Enjoy this seasonal treat without the need for tradition
- 200 g ready-made low-fat custard
- 200 g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 100 g leftover Christmas pudding (crumbled)
- 30 g glacé cherries (chopped)
- Good pinch nutmeg (grated )
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 150 g berries (e.g. raspberries or strawberries)
- In a bowl, mix together the low-fat custard and fromage frais.
Stir in the crumbled Christmas pudding, glacé cherries, nutmeg and brandy.
- Transfer the mixture into a plastic container and cover with a lid.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for 3-4 hours, beating well once every hour.
- Soften the ice cream for 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving with fresh berries.