- 1. Preheat the oven to 160C / 320F / Gas Mark 3
- 2. Place dry ingredients into large bowl and stir together.
- 3. Add the margarine and rub together until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- 4. Beat egg white and syrup together in a jug.
- 5. Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and add the egg mix together thoroughly to form a soft dough.
- 6. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 7. Roll the dough onto a floured surface until about 5mm thick. Cut out 25 biscuits.
- 8. Place the shapes onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- 9. Cool and dust with icing sugar.