Citrus Chicken with Leeks
Low-check, delicious lemony chicken.
- Spray oil
- 2 x 115g chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2 leeks (trimmed, washed and cut in chunks)
- 60 ml dry vermouth
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 1 small lemon (Grated zest and juice)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Spray a large shallow pan with oil and place over a medium heat.
- When hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for a few minutes each side until starting to brown.
- Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Pour in the vermouth, chicken stock and lemon zest and juice and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the liquid reduced and thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot with vegetables and boiled potatoes (70 cals, 3 Checks per 100g).