You can still enjoy a drink every so often when watching your weight with this delicous low-check cocktail.
For each Mojito:
- 10 leaves mint
- ½ lime
- 4 tbsp Cranberry syrup [below]
- 4 tbsp/ 60ml rum
- Ice and soda water
For the syrup: (serves 4)
- 500 g cranberries
- 150 g sugar (or Half Spoon sweetener)
- 250 ml water
- Put the cranberries, sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the berries burst.
- Leave to cool for a few hours or overnight.
- Strain the mixture into a jug, pushing it through the sieve with a spoon.
- Put the mint leaves in a glass with the lime juice, mix and crush together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add ¼ the syrup, rum and ice and stir or shake in a cocktail mixer.
- Top up with soda water and add a sprig of mint and a few cranberries to serve.