- Press the crushed peppercorns into the steak
- Heat 1tsp oil in a non–stick pan and cook steaks for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3-4 minutes for medium and 5 minutes each side for well done.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add 1 tsp oil to the pan and gently fry the garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in the brandy and cook for another minute.
- Add the cream and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the pan.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Return the steaks to the pan and re-heat until sizzling.
Serve with a medium jacket potato - add 6 Checks per person - or mixed green vegetables.