- 1. Bring a saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil add the noodles and cook until just tender about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside until needed.
- 2. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the ginger and carrot and saute for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds but don't let the garlic brown.
- 5. Add the stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- 6. Add the chicken and edamame and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked and the edamame are tender about 4 minutes.
- 7. Add the soba noodles and soy milk and cook until heated through; don't let boil.
- 8. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Ladle into warmed individual bowls and serve immediately.