Piquant tomato sauce
1. Cook the onion and garlic gently in a lightly oiled pan. Add half the chopped tomatoes and wine, then cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Allow to cool then blend until smooth and stir in remaining chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
Season to taste and set to one side.
3. Spray or wipe a griddle pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook aubergine until tender on both sides. Add tomato rings and halloumi, turning after two minutes or when golden.
4. Blend together teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, honey and seasoning to make a light syrup.
5. Layer alternate slices of aubergine, tomato and halloumi on a brioche bun, drizzle syrup over the vegetable stack and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Pour the tomato sauce around vegetables and garnish with coriander
Serve with a mixed salad.