Halloumi and roasted vegetable
Serves 2 FG 7 / CC 7
- Spray oil
- 1 aubergine - cut into thick rings
- 1 beef tomato - cut into rings
- 4 slices of halloumi
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Piquant tomato sauce
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove- crushed
- spray oil
- 125 g ripe tomatoes- roughly chopped
- 60 ml red wine
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Tomato Sauce: Cook the onion and garlic gently in a lightly oiled pan. Add half the chopped tomatoes and wine. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and stir in remaining chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Season.
- Spray a griddle pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook aubergine until tender on both sides. Add tomato rings and halloumi.
- Layer aubergine, tomato and halloumi slices, finishing with a slice of aubergine.
- Blend together teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, honey and seasoning. Drizzle over vegetable stack and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Pour the tomato sauce around vegetables and garnish with chives.