Healthy sausage rolls
Wow your guests with these quick and easy party favourites.
Find our range of products including low-fat steak mince for this recipe at John Davidsons
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 750 g low fat steak mince (John Davidsons range )
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 60 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- handful chopped coriander
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place bread in a medium bowl and pour over enough warm water to cover the bread. Allow the stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze the bread to drain it.
- Place the bread into a large bowl. Add the mince, onions, chilli sauce, fish sauce and coriander. Stir until combined.
- Place a sheet of pastry on a lightly floured work surface and cut in half. Mould the mince mixture down the long edge of the pastry. Brush the remaining edges with cold water.
- Roll the pastry to form a long sausage shape. Cut each into 5 pieces.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.