Healthy warming meal with 2 of your 5 a day vegetables.
- 500 g potatoes
- Spray oil
- 200 g 5% fat extra-lean mince
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 dspn curry paste
- 1 dspn curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 100 g peas (frozen )
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC/gas mark 8.
- Peel and boil potatoes in large pieces, or microwave potatoes in their skins, until just cooked through.
When cool enough to handle, cut into chips or wedges.
- Place on a baking tray, spray with oil, season with a little salt and bake in the oven about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown the mince and onion together in a non-stick pan.
- Stir in the curry paste and powder and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and crumbled stock cube.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer a further 5-10 minutes.
- For each person, serve half the curry in a bowl with half the chips piled on top.