- 1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C, Gas Mark 4
- 2. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Lightly beat one of the egg whites and stir onto the crumbs with the melted butter. Tip into a 20cm flan dish and spread out to cover the base, pressing down well. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then leave to cool
- 3. Blend the cornflour with a little of the water, lime zest and juice in a pan and stir in the cornflour. Bring to the boil, stirring until it thickens. Remove from the heat and sweeten to taste.
- 4. Allow to cool a little before stirring in the egg yolks. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until just set.
- 5. Meanwhile, beat the remaining egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they are stiff and hold their shape. Add the sugar and beat until glossy. Spoon the meringue over the pie, right up to the edge, and bake for 5 minutes until lightly brown.
- 6. Cut the pie and serve warm or cold, decorated with lime slices.
Need new cake tins?
The Scottish Slimmers team have found these on Amazon